Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Nursing Professional Development Specialist -MSK New Jersey Regional Sites in New York, New York
Nursing Professional Development Specialist -MSK New Jersey Regional Sites
Job Posting Number: 22483
Nursing – Education
May 22, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
NURSING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST -MSK NEW JERSEY REGIONAL SITES
Are you ready for a career move to find your calling at one of the nation’s top cancer care centers?
MSK’s regional network in New Jersey has grown, building new facilities and exciting career opportunities for Nurses passionate about staff training, education and professional development. We are currently seeking a Nurse Educator for the outpatient areas to become part of our Nursing Professional Development Specialist Team!
– Work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment covering the MSK New Jersey reginal sites in Montvale, Basking Ridge and Monmouth, NJ
– Plan, develop, lead, implement and evaluate nursing staff development programs, including orientation, in-services, continuing education, specialty and just in time programs
– In collaboration with the Nurse Residency Program Coordinator, designs and implements creative strategies to ensure effective role transition for new graduate nurses in the residency program
– Collaborates with Nurse Leaders and Clinical Nurse Specialists to meet institutional, departmental, divisional and unit based goals.
– A good decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
– Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
– Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with interpersonal goals
– Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
– Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
– New York and New Jersey state RN Licenses
– Master’s degree required in Nursing Education (preferred) / other nursing related masters considered
– 5 years of recent and relevant clinical experience with shown leadership abilities, demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and use of educational guiding methodologies
– Specialty certification required
– BLS, ACLS, PALS instructor preferred
HOURS: FOUR FLEXIBLE 10 HOUR SHIFTS (DAYS)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.